For all those who are reading this for the first time, I was one of the loudest voices on the newsgroups speaking about a "Rapture on Feast of Trumpets" this for Sept. 1999.
I'm sorry. I was wrong. I was a prideful idiot. I deceived myself. I have spoken presumptuously and deserve death under the Law according to Deuteronomy... And I deceived others who believed me. I lusted after the promise of the Kingdom, and through my pride and arrogance, I thought I could divine the time, and/or that I was worthy enough to be given divine revelation. Obviously, I was preaching out of my vain imagination, because I came to the wrong conclusions. Nothing happened! I was wrong! I'm sorry!
Do you want to know what happened? My thoughts on how I went so wrong?
The Full Apology 27k
On Av 29, 5759 (August 11, 1999), there will be a total eclipse of the sun, visible over Jerusalem. This is just two days before the beginning of the month of Elul. On Elul 1, we begin a forty (40) day period of repentance, culminating in Yom HaKippurim, The Day of Atonement. The last ten (10) days are known as the awesome days, or Days of Awe. These ten days begin with Rosh Hashanah, The Feast of Trumpets. So, Hashem is going to warn the nations, concerning Jerusalem, just before we begin the intense time of repentance. Recall that the eclipse of the sun is a bad omen for the Gentiles, the nations:
Talmud - Mas. Sukkah 29a It was taught: R. Meir said, Whenever the luminaries are in eclipse, it is a bad omen for Israel since they are inured to blows. This may be compared to a school teacher who comes to school with a strap in his hand. Who becomes apprehensive? He who is accustomed to be daily punished. Our Rabbis taught, When the sun is in eclipse it is a bad omen for idolaters; when Lavanah (Moon) is in eclipse, it is a bad omen for Israel, since Israel reckons by Lavanah (Moon) and idolaters by the sun. If it is in eclipse in the east, it is a bad omen for those who dwell in the east; if in the west, it is a bad omen for those who dwell in the west; if in the midst of heaven it is bad omen for the whole world. If its face is red as blood, [it is a sign that] the sword is coming to the world; if it is like sack-cloth, the arrows of famine are coming to the world; if it resembles both, the sword and the arrows of famine are coming to the world. If the eclipse is at sunset calamity will tarry in its coming; if at dawn, it hastens on its way: but some say the order is to be reversed. And there is no nation which is smitten that its G-ds are not smitten together with it, as it is said, And against all the G-ds of Egypt I will execute judgments. But when Israel fulfill the will of the Omnipresent, they need have no fear of all these [omens] as it is said, Thus saith the L-RD,' Learn not the way of the nations, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven, for the nations are dismayed at them, the idolaters will be dismayed, but Israel will not be dismayed.
So, On Elul one, I’d suggest that you begin repenting. Go to your neighbors and brothers and confess your wrongs against them, and beg them for forgiveness. We can expect Hashem to forgive us ONLY when we have made things right between ourselves and our fellow man.
Revelation 12:1 has fascinated Bible scholars for many years. A few years ago, I was examining the stars in the heaven with an astronomy software program which allows me to simulate what the stars will look like at any day, at any time, and at any place. I set the date for Yom Teruah, the Feast of Trumpets, September 12, 1999. I set the place to be Jerusalem, and I set the time to be just after sunset. The following picture was presented to me:
Tishri 1, 5760 - September 12, 1999 (Sept. 9th? to 12th? but a two day event?) From excite.com: Next new moon Sep 09 3:03PM
Revelation 12:1-5 "A great and wondrous sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head. She was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth. Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on his heads. His tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that he might devour her child the moment it was born. She gave birth to a son, a male child, who will rule all the nations with an iron scepter. And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne. The woman fled into the desert to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days."
When I first saw the above picture, I immediately thought of the Revelation 12 sign. This celestial picture is for Yom Teruah, The Feast of Trumpets in 1999, which is 5760 on the Biblical anno mundo scale. This sign occurs on Shabbat, the Sabbath (Friday sundown to Saturday sundown). The above picture does not show Draco, the Dragon, because it would make the picture curved and hard to relate to. If you had a larger picture you would see that Draco is poised above the woman, waiting to snatch the man-child. The moon is poised in the "birth canal" of the virgin who is lying down with her feet in the air. The word "Bethulah" is in the location where her head should be. The constellation of Coma Bernice is the crown of twelve stars above the virgin's head.
REMEMBER: Remember that God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days and years." Genesis 1:14
This SIGN, as depicted above, is how it looks from Jerusalem! Remember that God's view is always from Jerusalem. Notice that the Chamah (Sun) is below the horizon so that this sign can be seen. This sign would not be visible if the sun were to be above the horizon. Because the sun is below the horizon, the constellation is literally clothed with the sun!
CONSIDER: Please consider this paper as interesting speculation. Not as gospel truth. I do not yet know if this is how God will display this sign. It does seem to suggest that it might be the sign spoken of in Revelation 12:1-5. Those who celebrate Rosh Chodesh (the new moon) have learned that Messiah is represented by Lavanah (Moon).
---This is a real interesting article I pulled. It talks of astronomical events that coincide with comets, and how the skies do tell a story.
1) Comet Shoemaker-Levi: On Tisha be Av, July 16, 1994, this comet began its crash into Jupitor. The planet was in the constellation of Virgo, telling us that the time is coming to Judge the Woman who would be Israel proper, and the Church. That there were 21 fragments portrayes the 21 judgements of Revealtion: the first three years would be judgement on the 'church' and the last three years would be judgement on Israel-the time of Jacobs trouble.
2) Comet Hyakutaki: Passover Apr 3rd , 1996, this comet was in the Constellation of Perseus the Hero that frees Andromeda the Captive woman, before she is destroyed by the Whale (world), and takes her home to make her his Bride and Queen. This occured while the comet was at its closet approach, and on the night of a Full Red Lunar Eclipse. This is the first half of the story of the Rapture.
3) Comet Hale-Bopp: Purim Mar 24th, 1997, this comet was in the Constellation of Andromeda the Captive Woman. This perfectly completes the story that Hyakutaki started, one year earlier. This also occured during the comets closest approach, also on another Red Lunar Eclipse. As well, this comet passed through the Constellation of Orion, which the Jews see as a Sign of the end times events that bring the Messiah. These two comets made an X in the Constellation of Perseus, right on the 'head of the enemy' as if, together, they will overthrow the enemy of God.
4) Comet SOHO: Pentecost, May 31, 1998, this comet was in the Constellation of Sirius the Prince. It grew brighter as it passed this star. There was no lunar eclipse, but this comet's closing trajectory parrelled that of Hale-Bopp, amost precisely. It also passed through the Constellations of Perseus and Orion and Argo, connecting it to the first two comets. It is my belief that it represents the male child of Revelation, which would be the offspring of Perseus (Yeshua and Israel) and Andromeda (Church). This is supported by the next Sign.
5) Woman Clothed with Sun: Tabernacles, 1996,1997,1998 and 1999, thisSign of Revelation Chapter 12 has beenoccuring. I forgot whose web site I got this off of, but they show thatthe Sign of the Woman, clothed with the Sun and theMoon at her feet, with the Twelve Stars over her head, and the Dragonpoised to devour the Child; they show that this Signhas been occuring for these last four years, which just happen to be theyears of the above comets that tell of the marriage andoffspring. Because of the precession of the equinox, this Sign has neveroccured before and never will again for another25,000 years. And it will be perfectly fulfilled on Tabernacles of 1999.
6) Occultation: Israel's Anniversary, May 14, 1998, the Moon occulted both Jupitor and Venus. This is a very rare occurance and last occured in 567 ad. On this recent occultation, Venus and Jupitor were in Pegasus- The Winged Horse that Perseus rides on his Mission of Salvation for Andromeda. And together they ride off into the sunset to be married.
7) Gamma Ray Burst: The Jubilee Anniversary of the Jerusalem Proclamation, Jan 23rd,1999, occured in the tip of the Spear of Bootes the Good Shepherd. Telling us that He is about to stir Himself up to defend His Two Flocks of Israel and the Church, and unite them into One Fold.
8) New Star: Pentecost May 22, 1999, occured in the Sails of Argo, telling us that we are about to enter the Ark through the Holy Spirit, as in the Days of Noah, where the two Flocks will be Sheltered and Protected from the Judgement of the Spearman, as it occurs during the Tribulation. It would appear that the Door is Open. This goes with Adam's coment that the Spring Equinox has moved from Pisces and their Bands (Which represent the restraining of this World by the Holy Spirit. These restraining bands are in the 'hand' of Aries the Ram-Yeshua), and has relocated into the Constellation of Aquarius. This, as I stated, is the only Constellaion in the Heavens, that specifically pictures some type of "Door" in Heaven. This tells us that the 2,000 year work of Restraining the World is over, and that now, the people of God are going to be delivered by being taken up through the Open Door in Heaven, and that subsequent to this, God's Judgement is going to be poured out on this World.
9) Seven Letters: Astronomical Pentecost. Jan 20th, 1999. It is my belief that the Seven Letters portray the Timing of the Rapture, as it is now occuring. It would have started on June 4th when the Moon of Smyrna entered Capricorn; Jupitor of Thyatira and Saturn of Sardis in Aries; Venus of Philidelphia moves through the open door from Gemini into the Fold of Cancer; Mercury moves from the Horns of a Dilema into Eridanus, the River of Judgement, still in Taurus; and the Sun of Ephesus is poised to move from Taurus into Gemini, with Yeshua's words, "I will remove your candlestick from its place." The Sun moves out of Taurus around the 21st of June.
10) Menorah: No Jewish Date (that I know of). The Planets will congregate in the Constellations of Taurus and Aries on May 5th of this year. Many of these could be the fulfillment of the Astronomy of the Seven Letters, which are geared to the Pleidies (The Flock of Doves), which lie in this area.
Note 1: It is to this event that some suppose that Jupitor will be 'lit' up by the Galileo Spacecraft, Heralding the Worlds 'Messiah' as his star. There is a verse in the Word that says that "They changed the Ordiance". This word is originally used of the Planets. The ordinance of the planets is very precise, and to alter it could be catastrophic. It is possible that the Shoemaker-Levy comet (which was visible to the Galileo because it was more then half way to Jupitor) was a warning not to change the Ordinance of Jupitor.
Note 2 : We also have an up and coming Comet Lee for this August and September (as Ruth informed us). This happens to coincide with the Tabernacles Sign of the Woman giving birth. And it also coincides with the Solar Eclipse coming up (as Scott reminded me), which will be visible in Israel.
If you look at all of these Signs, and the Jewish Holidays, and the Constellations involved, they all support the same Signario: The Coming Rapture and Judgement of the Tribulation. And all of them taking together, can hardly be coincidence, and in fact are possible only by the Hand of God.
So, The Signs of the Times are evident, for him who has 'eyes' to see...